Saturday 3 March 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason


Everything is beautiful unless you see it otherwise


It is a wonderful morning and all glory belongs to God for His Mercies and Favors. The week has been a mix of so many activities and as well, quite a lot of water has passed under the bridge. But, in all situations, to God be all praise. One interesting read for me recently is what I'll like to share with you here today. It is a story that teaches a fundamental lesson, that everything that happens in life happens for a reason. Hence, we should learn to always be positive about everything that we're going through in life because that is how we can always overcome our difficulties and as well, manage our happiness. Believing God, however, is the most important thing in life.
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it- Confucius 




A king once had a slave who, in all circumstances would say: "My king, do not be discouraged or sad because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes..." 
One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the slave managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty losing a finger. Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; "if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger!" The slave replied: "Despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything he does is perfect, He is never wrong!" Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his slave and thrown into the dungeon. 
Later, he left for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human for sacrifice. At the altar, the savages found out that the king didn't have one finger in place so he was released because he was considered not "complete" to be offered to the gods.
On his return to the palace, he authorized the release of his slave saying; "My dear, God was really good to me! I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger I was let go! But I have a question: if God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in jail?" The slave replied: "My king, if I'd gone with you, I would have been sacrificed for you because I have no missing finger."


And so the story ends, but don't forget, learn to trust God for everything and believe that whatever is happening to you now is for a special reason. If everything seems to be fine with you, be thankful unto God and help others. And If your situation is not right, be positively minded and continue to hope for the best always. Yes! It is all happening for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment